Job opportunities with the Community Hubs team!
Redbridge is an ambitious, diverse and exciting east London borough. We’re one of the fastest growing parts of the country, and one of the most diverse boroughs in London. As a council, what we do is driven by changing our relationship with local people to make Redbridge a great place to live.
The Community Hubs programme is a flagship initiative at the heart of our vision for the borough.
We are working with residents to co-design and run five Community Hubs and a Civic Hub in accessible locations across Redbridge. Each hub will reflect local priorities and enable a range of activities and support across the local area. Hubs are physical buildings where local people can come together and use services such as libraries, GP surgeries and community spaces.
You can find out more about the programme here: https://letstalkredbridge.uk.engagementhq.com/hub-page/community-hubs
We are looking to fill six roles in the Community Hubs team:
- Our Community Organisers (LBR7, £31,122 - £32,112 per annum) are central to the approach of the Community Hubs programme. The engage local residents, involve them in the development and design of their local hub, and work alongside them to develop a local programme of activity. We are advertising three Community Organiser roles, and would particularly welcome applications from individuals who live locally and have a passion for change in communities. Click here for further information and how to apply.
- Our Community Hub Leads (LBR16, £53,793 - £57,084 per annum) lead on the development of each hub, and we are appointing a Lead in each of the first three areas in which we are delivering Community Hubs: Seven Kings, Gants Hill and Hainault. Building on community engagement and partnership development, Hub Leads lead on co-designing each hub building and model, and ensuring there is community, council and partnership ownership of the project. Click here for further information and how to apply.
If you are successful in joining the Community Hubs programme,
- You'll be joining a programme which is on an exciting journey to change the way Redbridge Council collaborates with residents and partners, and which has a mandate for transforming both how the organisation works, and the outcomes we deliver with residents
- You'll be stepping into roles which make a real difference and are central to the successful delivery of the Community Hubs programme, with a diverse range of opportunities to learn from colleagues, partners and residents, and to develop your networks and understanding of communities, change and building delivery.
- You'll be joining a brilliant team which is testing learning-led and self-managing approaches, with a collaborate and supportive team culture. You'll be encouraged to lead in your area of work, place learning at the heart of your role and challenged to think differently about how we organise and deliver as a council.
We'd love it if you could:
- Consider whether you might want to apply for one of these roles - and if so, apply!
- Have a look at the roles and share them with individuals you know or networks you have that might be interested
- Let us know if you have any questions by emailing on email@example.com - we'd love to hear from you